Industrial air heaters. Turnkey projects.
Many industries require air heaters for heating, drying, calcining, melting, and chemical processing applications—and PCC has equipped them with energy efficient, reliable and robust industrial air heaters since opening our doors. Our custom designs are proven in hundreds of successful installations worldwide.
Our industrial and process air heaters are classified into two groups: direct-fired and indirect-fired.
- Direct-fired air heaters – Achieve the desired amount of air heating through direct contact of the air heater products of combustion with the downstream process.
- Indirect-fired air heaters – Typically employed when the air heater products of combustion cannot contact (or contaminate) the downstream process and must indirectly heat a process air stream. This indirect heating of the process air is typically achieved by adding a gas to gas Industrial Heat Exchanger at the discharge of the air heater. The industrial heat exchanger transfers the available heat contained in the air heater hot products of combustion to a process air stream, while keeping the process air stream segregated from the air heater products of combustion.
PCC offers both types of heaters in a wide range of standard sizes. We can also custom-engineer precisely what you need.
PCC industrial air heater custom design features:
- Clean combustion using heavy and light fuel oil, as well as gaseous fuels
- Multiple fuel firing capability
- Complete skid mounted units
- Close temperature mixing
- All metallic construction or refractory lined units
- State of the art controls per major international standards
- High pressure designs up to 300 psig
Along with a full line of industrial air heaters, we offer turnkey construction, project management, and spare parts support for all PCC supplied products.